In my youth (age 16 to mid 20s) I experienced three periods of clinical depression. The longest lasted more than two years, the shortest about 18 months. I never received any treatment or medical management during these periods, and I can’t say whether that was a good or bad idea. I survived but as a result I have a strong appreciation for what it’s like to be clinically depressed, and a concomitant empathy for those going through the hell it can entail. [Updated; see end of article] (more…)
Archive for the ‘St John’s Wort’ Category
- (Dark) Cloud (Computing) On The Horizon
- A Step In The Right Direction
- Random Thoughts On The Universe And Time Travel
- The Gravity of Biological Evolution: Episode 2
- Q: When Is Internet Explorer Not Internet Explorer?
- St John’s Wort: A Diary
- Big Brother, Inc.
- Don’t Ask For Help!
- Freedom Without Accountability Is Oppression
- IQ: It’s Not What You Think It Is
- The Dorabella Cipher: Analysis 1
- Plagiarism/Infection Follow-On
- Useful Tools: LeakTest from GRC
- Déjà Plagié
- Not Just Crossing The Line…
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28